Sunday, August 15, 2010

I Love British Boys


So, I believe the title and picture are fairly self explanatory. I have always as a certain adoration for England and all its bounties, but I have recently come to realize that I adore its men more than I previously realized. While I have had British friends for a while, I have recently started actively chatting with a new one. He is, as the British folk would say, absolutely brilliant (being attractive doesn't hurt either). This is my brief explanation of why I have not blogged in a few days. I have been working day shift lately, so I've been tired, and I've been spending a lot of the rest of the time talking to said cute British guy (but enough about my cute British friends James...)

On the topic of British folk, I figure I should mention something that I intended on blogging about the other day, but I was lazy/sleep and did not. A few days back, my friends at Spankwagon invited me along to cover an event that Comic Oasis was putting on in honor of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. The event ended up being dull, so we opted to go out and get a bite to eat. There is this little pub in Vegas called The Crown and Anchor (its a lovely little place, you should check it out), so we went there. In case you're for some odd reason wondering, I had the fish sandwich, and it was divine. Anyways, my friends and I hung out for a bit, and they started noticing a strange habit of mine. I pretty much constantly have to be messing with something, generally I'm fiddling with my necklace, or other jewelry. I don't know what it is, some call it a nervous tick, but I do it constantly. Anyway, in this particular instance, I was tearing up the corner of my paper place mat, because for some odd reason I like to unconsciously destroy things. I do it all the time during movies, because I'll just chew my straw to death (though this one is kind of funny, because it freaks out dates.) Eventually, I decided to stop being crazy destroyer chick and got out a pen, as to divert my energy elsewhere. I ended up drawing something decent considering it was around midnight.




This blog is completely pointless. Ugh. I wish I came up with a better idea for this. So hey! Watch Melissa ramble on about cute British boys and pubs and drawing. I'm so weird.....

2 comments:

  1. One of these days we will get to go to the pub together! And you've had an on/off switch since you were a baby. I thought you had outgrown your figetyness but I guess it has manifested itself in other ways :) I love you my angel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, Our guys are not all that :|.
    Apart from my one that is! But you can't have him...:P

    ReplyDelete