Thursday, April 14, 2011

BEDA 12- Insomnia

As a few of you know, I suffer from insomnia. I've been living with it as long as I can remember. The way the my insomnia works is that I have a very difficult time falling asleep, despite how tired I am. It takes the average adult 7-10 minute to fall asleep. With me, it takes over an hour, and that's if I'm lucky.

For example, yesterday I was running on 4-5 hours of sleep from the night before. When I got home from my night class, I felt like I was going to pass out, so I went to bed. After about two hours of tossing and turning, I finally got so annoyed with my insomnia that I got up and read a bit instead. (For anyone interested, my current book is Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby) I finally got to sleep around 4am.

Sometimes, it is very easy to find some reason for my insomnia to bother me. This could be stress, excitement, or just something on my mind. But other times, I can't find any good reason why I can't fall asleep. Typically, though, my annoying lack of sleep is simply due to the fact that I can't just my brain off.

So ya. Insomnia is annoying. If you would like to read a more interesting blog about sleep, click here. Also, to make up for the blah-ness of the past few day's worth of blog, here is a fantastically nerdy picture.


Until tomorrow, Allons-y!

No comments:

Post a Comment