Thursday, April 21, 2011

BEDA 4/21 - Motivation

I am a lazy person. This is an aspect of myself that I am not very fond of. I find myself coming up with plans for my days, but never actually carrying out all of the tasks on that list. Typically, it isn't something of dire importance, but I find my lack of productivity shameful. Every morning, I set my alarm for 8am, despite the fact that I rarely have anything to do in the morning (I quit my job, because I am moving soon, and I take mostly night classes). I always do this hoping that one morning I will actually get up early for no reason, and have the ambition to do something good with my day. I never do. This could be partially attributed to my insomnia, but even then, sleeping in just makes me feel like a crappy person. I know people who have to wake up at 5 am every morning, go into their full time job, and get home just in time for dinner. I almost wish I was like that, because at least then I would be accomplishing something every day.

For instance, today the most productive things that I did were have lunch with my boyfriend, and grab a few things from the store. I have a giant pile of clean laundry that has been sitting on my floor for 2 days now. Did I fold said laundry? No. Will I fold it tonight? Probably not(though after writing this I feel like I am almost obligated to fold them immediately after posting.) I don't even know how many hours today that I have spent futzing around on the internet, but I couldn't muster the ambition to take ten minutes to fold and put away my laundry? Why am I so stupidly lazy? I always tell myself that tomorrow I will be better, tomorrow I will actually accomplish something. I guess there is always hope that tomorrow will finally be that day.

Until tomorrow, Allons-y!

2 comments: