Friday, April 1, 2011

Blog Every Day in April (BEDA)

So, as is apparent from the title, I have decided to attempt a month long blogging extravaganza! (I'm trying to make this sound cool, just go with it) I have only managed to complete on month long challenge before, and that was a vlogging challenge (vlog = video blog), so I am hoping that this one will be fairly easy for me to accomplish.

Today, as I am sure that most of you know, is April first, also known as April Fool's Day. I myself have never been very fond of this day of trickery (mostly due to the fact that I am horrid at playing pranks). Don't get me wrong, I am fine with others participating,I mean, I love tomfoolery as much as the next guy. However, doing it all on one particular day seems to take away the appeal. Part of what makes a prank work is that it is unexpected. On April first, you're expecting someone to mess with you, so the reaction isn't nearly as good as it would be on some random day. However, this does not apply to websites. I think April Fool's gags on the internet are hilarious. April first is pretty much the only day that those could be funny.

I suppose that you could look at it from the point of view that if you can actually carry out a prank on April Fool's, that makes you clever, because you can execute something like that on a day where admittedly it is far more difficult to succeed. But, at the same time, many people (unfortunately) achieve their mischief every year, so it's not that esteemed of an achievement.


Perhaps I'm just a spoiled sport, but if you are clever enough to think of a prank, can't you also be clever enough to do it when every one isn't expecting it?

No comments:

Post a Comment